About Us

The YWCA has been a part of the Great Falls community since 1911. From our modest beginnings that provided housing to 203 women in 1913, to 4,423 nights of shelter provided to women and children one hundred years later in 2013, the YWCA of Great Falls has grown its services and programs to better serve Cascade, Toole, Pondera, Teton, Glacier, and Choteau counties.

The YWCA of Great Falls, and all of its programs and services, embrace and implement an empowerment philosophy. For anyone participating in our programs or services, this empowerment model supports and encourages safety, non-violence, respect, autonomy, dignity, and accountability.


General Information

The YWCA of Great Falls was organized in 1911 by a panel of 25 women from local churches. Originally located at 215 3rd Street N, the YWCA at Valeria Hall offered safe, clean housing, a cafeteria, laundry facilities, an employment bureau, a directory of rooming houses, traveler’s aid, an educational department, and club rooms for high school girls. Today, the YWCA continues to work towards eliminating racism and empowering women through its many programs and services, which are in constant evolution to respond to the needs of our community.

 

The links at left provide a closer look at who we are, our history, our mission, our facilities, and how you can get in touch with us.